Othanical

A lowly undergraduate climbing toward the light.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Oooh

Several days of reckoning are now lining up to present me with either beautiful plan-enabling news, or news that will be severely life-altering. Where would we be without these days? They serve as forces that can motivate someone to work harder, validate the hard work that one has gone through, or conversely, they can be the source of heartbreak and eventual catastrophe. Whatever this news may be, I have resolved that I have to get the hunger back that I possessed such a long time ago. It is hard to go anywhere if you're not hungry.

Speaking of going places:

I traveled/studied in Mexico last summer, probably the best six weeks of my short life. If I want to cheer up, an easy way for me to do so is think of traveling. Roaming the world is definitely the one passion that has remained constant in my life. While I have not always had the opportunity because of financial restrictions (restrictions imposed on myself by myself for myself), the amount of pleasure that I draw from traveling simply shouldn't be allowed. I have a working formula that the amount of fun you have is directly related to the number of travel buddies that you have with you. These travel buddies are gold treasures and I hold on to these guys like no other. No doubt, I will be throwing many a Mexico story at you when I am feeling especially reminiscient.

My next small escapade will be a return to the Midwest. Although I am going there primarily for work purposes, I hope to use its northernly location as a hub to see old friends, and to see them in new places in which I have never been. I declare that 2006 will be a year to remember.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home