Othanical

A lowly undergraduate climbing toward the light.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

G. gallus

Today is my birthday. The first beer that I buy I'll let you know when I take a picture of it.

As far as age goes, I like the odd number ones better than I like the even ones. I feel sharper as an odd number age. Odd number ages feel real whereas the even ones feel like stops on the way to odd numbers. I cannot articulate that feeling further, but I am glad to advance a year.

As far as feeling old goes, I do. I know I am far from being wise-ancient. Half of me wants time to pass so that some wisdom does accumulate, but the other half wants to freeze time and keep things as they are. Change is inevitable and I can only hope that sum of of the changes are positive.

Have I changed substantially within the last year? I think I am better at doing what I want to do. Situations that I am in are more or less of my choosing. That is probably the consequence of being further removed from a relationship where obligations run so rampant. My comfort zone hasn't changed, I think I have just been making smarter decisions. Hopefully that's a permanent upgrade.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home