Othanical

A lowly undergraduate climbing toward the light.

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Internal Standard

The medical school application process continues.

There are two excruciating parts about the actual application. One is something everyone applying anywhere goes through, which is the personal statement. The personal statement is how the medical schools figure out how you tick, what makes you you.

So that's not too bad, I think I can tell someone who I am. I hope.

The most difficult part of the application is describing up to fifteen life experiences to the medical school. It feels incredibly unnatural. It is essentially forced boasting about the things you have done, the places you've seen, and what you've gleaned from that. I am trying to walk the fine line of too much detail and poor summary.

Oh and I'm in Minnesota right now, which is pretty close to heaven on earth. More later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home