Othanical

A lowly undergraduate climbing toward the light.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

She's capital

Last week, Natalie sent me a link to the The Hill's 50 most beautiful people on Capitol Hill. Let's just thank Flying Spaghetti Monster for digital cameras.

I was tempted to send an angry letter demanding the segregation of males and females to that my lustful gaze could continue down each page uninterrupted. Is this how they do it in People?

So it's not that kind of newspaper. Some of these people are attractive yes, but it is less of a "most beautiful" article then it is an encomium to workaholics who thanklessly slave away in the offices of representives and senators, giving them the ability to serve their constituency with ease that we've all seen on West Wing.

"Hey indentured intern, type up a thirty-four page memo on the history of the evolution of sea otters. Then summarize it for me and while you're doing that, get me a grande Mocha with whip. Where's that speech you were supposed to be drafting? Never mind, I have to vote against gay marriage now."

In my reworked version of the 50 most beautiful people, Kimberly Hunter, the twenty-three year old assistant press secretary of the DNC is the winner. It's mostly because she is from Alabama and claims that she lost her southern accent. I find the southern accent enormously charming, and I would do everything in my power to make sure that she got it back. I'm serious y'all. Kimberly, call me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home