Othanical

A lowly undergraduate climbing toward the light.

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Wiggle

My, how 24 times 6 hours pass by. But I've found a chunk of time to write you guys. I've been working real hard on my research over the past week. I've been doing a lot of hormone extractions and isotope experiments. These entail me sitting down and mixing chemicals and then analyzing them on machines whose cost exceeds the amount of money that has passed through my hands in my lifetime.

The thing is it's paid off! My summer was not a waste! Now I can return home in celebration.

So what I've done is taken a weekend trip down to Chicago, which like Minneapolis-St. Paul, is heaven in it's own right. And I think that I've decided I would really enjoy going to medical school in an urban setting, by going to places like NYC, Minneapolis for the last 6 weeks and now here, my suspicions about what I enjoy have turned into reality.

I finally got to go inside the damn Sears Tower, still the tallest building in North America. It was worth it. It's probably worth at least two trips, One at day, and one at night. It really is an incredible view. Today, with a buddy from my Mexico trip, I'm planning on going to Millenium Park, which is one either of Frank Gehry's notable achievements, or one of his notable monstrosities, depending on your point of view. And we're also going down to Navy Pier. Have a good day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home